Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Gratitude

After telling HolyMama! that I was going to do it, I am stealing her idea for a post (because, as I teach my children, if you're going to steal something, you have to tell the owner first).

So, right here, right now, I am grateful:

for my family, friends, home, health, blah, blah, blah.  Amen.

for the fact that my children are in school and Danny is at work, which gives me the opportunity to neglect my sahm duties in favor of blogging and Bejeweled Blitz.

for my pajamas, which I am still wearing, at 12:37 p.m. EST.

for my other pajamas, which I will put on tonight after my bath, when I finally take off these pajamas.

for my mother, who has not asked me in the last five minutes who I am.

for my mother, who has not asked me in the last five minutes who my father is.  ( I always give her the name Amil Dinsio when she asks that question, but I then explain that she's the only one who knows for sure.  I mean, am I right or am I right?)

for Benadryl.

for the fact that the spider bite on my right butt cheek is going away.  It itched so much.  I can't even explain how much it itched, it was so bad.  It was one of those itches that causes you to look around to see if anyone's watching, then rub up against something to scratch it.  (Stop looking at me like that!  You know you've done it!)

for napkins, because we're out of toilet paper.  (You're looking at me like that again!  Stop it!  You know you've done that one too!)

for Lexapro.

for HolyMama!, who doesn't mind that I steal her stuff.
_________________________________________

Thank you all for your comments about my pictures in my last post.  The result:  I'm still undecided. (Who didn't know that was going to be the result?!)  If I have to get head shots taken by a professional, I will D to the I to the E!  I hate pictures of myself!  But, seriously, some of you said the sweetest things, and I cherish you for it!

Love,
Melissa

5 comments:

  1. Ha! I'm not judging.. I do it too :)

    I like this gratitude list of yours. I'll thank HolyMama! myself for giving you this idea. It's a damn good read.

    P.S. I'd like to thank my pj's too. Amen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. GREAT list, and you're right. no minding, here. you had a spider bite on your butt and it made it to a gratitude list? THAT"S TALENT RIGHT THERE.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What? You're not going to explain how you got a spider bite on your butt?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the laugh at the end of the day. . . I needed it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So this might be the first time I've read your blog and you have me laughing so hard!! Ya know. . .napkins don't flush as well. PJ's. . that's my favorite outfit!

    Great blog! I'll definitely be back!

    ReplyDelete