Tuesday, May 10, 2011

I Haven't Laughed So Hard In A Long Time

I just wanted to let you know that I probably won't be around for awhile.  I'm pretty sure I'll be busy defending my sister for the murder of her husband.

Yesterday Danny called me at work and said that my sister's husband had been "in a bad truck accident'' and she was "too upset to go to the hospital alone."

Naturally, I flew out of work, picked up my sister, and drove her to the hospital.  The whole time she was crying.

When we got to the hospital, we found my brother-in-law walking around and standing outside smoking cigarettes.

His hand was pretty messed up, but at least he was going to live--for awhile, anyway.

He explained that he was driving a semi for work, went off the road, and the truck landed on its side in a ditch.

Of course, Debbie's first question was, "How did you go off the road?"

As long as I live, I'll never forget the completely serious look on his face as he said to my sister, "I was reaching down to get a pork rind."

A pork rind!

He almost killed himself over a pork rind!

Debbie quit crying and gave him the death stare.

That was it for me.  I busted out laughing and couldn't stop.

I laughed as he told the nurse he was reaching for a pork rind.  I laughed as my sister begged him not to tell the Trooper he was reaching for a pork rind.  I laughed as he jokingly told Debbie, "Well, I guess I could tell him I was trying to roll a joint."  Debbie was not amused, but I sure was. 

I think I laughed the hardest when he actually told the Trooper that he was reaching for a pork rind. 

Or maybe I laughed the hardest when my brother-in-law told Debbie that he can't use his right hand for anything for at least six weeks, and she has to do everything for him.

Ahhh, good times are ahead for my family, folks!

By the way, in between my uncontrollable chortles, I kept saying, "I can't wait to blog about this." 

I asked Debbie if she cared, and she disgustedly said, "I don't give a shit." 

Sounds like permission to me!

10 comments:

  1. That's really funny!! I've done stupid things like that, but you'd think he'd want to avoid the reckless driving ticket with a deer jumped in front of me or something, he's nothing if not honest.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Madge, that is so funny that you said that! My sister told him, "Can't you just say that a deer ran in front of you?" And at one point my bil said, "I can't help it that I'm honest!"

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now THAT is just classic. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is funny! Good to be honest about all things...even if it makes you look like an ass!!! The joint sounds better than a pork rind.. He may want to consider that next time..Nice to know you are laughting alot Missy..Sure beats crying over the dumb shit..Be Blessed! I love you Just becuz...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh this is too much! I'm glad your sister gave you permission!

    (On a side note, I'm really glad he's not hurt. Lesson learned..)

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG! That poor dumb guy. Between the pork rinds and the cigarettes, he's very funny. We can't put him on the cover of "Men's Health"! Poor baby. Yup! I would have lied through my teeth. I would have invented a dog, a cat, or a deer that I swerved to avoid hitting! Men are so innocent and honest even when it makes them look silly, they usually tell the truth! God bless him! I'm glad no really serious bad came of this.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey, got any pork rinds? This is hilarious!

    ReplyDelete
  8. thanks for commenting on my blog! I've added you to my reader!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I remember leaving a comment on this post. If it was inappropriate and you deleted it, forgive me. I think the most important thing is that nobody was hurt. I'm really disgusted by pork rinds!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think I'd have made up a more face-saving story!

    ReplyDelete