Sunday, February 20, 2011

Martyrdom and Laziness

I really miss my blog. I mean, really.

My blog is my creative outlet in life, but I've had absolutely no time to devote to it. I've been so busy running a nursing home, practicing law, raising three kids, taking care of my mother, and figuring out a relationship. And being a martyr. The martyr thing takes A LOT of time. Trust me.

So... I finally took down my Christmas decorations! The beautiful wreath my sister, Debbie, made me came down last week, and I took in the Christmas welcome mat two days ago. Booyah! It's all in before Easter! Hopefully, the neighbors aren't talking about us again this year. They should be, though, because all I did was move the welcome mat from from the outside of the door to the inside of it. I expend so much energy being a martyr that I just couldn't bring myself to walk the mat ALL THE WAY downstairs and put it in the designated Christmas mat storage spot.

Now it's almost time to put up the Spring decorations. But I have a jump on that one: I just never took them down from last year. That's right, they've been mixed with my Christmas decorations all winter. My neighbors really want me to move.



As an aside, I never change my clocks for Daylight Savings Time, either. It takes way too much energy when it's just going to be that same time in six months. Several years ago when my family came over for Christmas dinner, my nephew, Shane, couldn't stand my clocks, so he changed them to the proper time. The next morning, my then seven year-old daughter ran into my bedroom absolutely horrified and screamed through her tears, "Mom, someone broke into our house and changed the time on all our clocks!"

So, I apologize for my jumbled, stream-of-consciousness thoughts today. It's not my best writing and it's really kinda boring, but I wanted to give a shout out to my 24 followers and let you know that I miss you!

Love,
Melissa

1 comment:

  1. Melissa, please tell me you don't have pink flamingos out in front of your house. I can forgive anything but pink flamingos. I agree with you about the clocks. I always had my clocks set for different times all over the house. I knew exactly which ones were set for what times and why. People came to my house and screamed "This is insane". Well, maybe,but it worked for me. Then I got married 21 years ago and my husband bought all new clocks and set them. They all say the same damned time. Now how boring is that???

    ReplyDelete