Wednesday, January 12, 2011

A Widget, Resolutions, and a Widget

Okay, first things first. Please go to your right, ----------->, and click the "Follow" widget. You all know I have self-esteem issues, so won't you please make a sistah feel good and at least pretend that you like her?
_____________________________________________

Now that we've taken care of my self-esteem issues, I can move on to my New Year's resolutions and report on my progress:

1. Post resolutions before the second week in January.

Fail. Clearly.

2. Get in shape.

Fail. Well, I should give it time, but I know it will be a fail. I just put this one on here out of habit. It has been one of my resolutions for over 30 years, and it's always been a fail. I'm not being negative, people; I'm just going by statistics.

3. Wipe the kids' toothpaste off the bathroom counter before I get it on my work clothes.

Fail. I can't tell you how many times I've gone to work already this year and had to explain that the green crusty stuff at my waist is really just Crest.

4. Determine which of the clothes spread all over the laundry room floor are clean and which are dirty.

Pass. Kinda. I got down on the floor and smelled them. The ones that smelled like Bounce got thrown to the left on the floor, and the ones that smelled like...not Bounce...got thrown to the right.

5. Put my cell phone in its designated compartment in my purse.

Fail. Every time the phone rings I'm still dumping out everything in the purse, tampons included, on the desk, table, floor, grocery store conveyor belt, or whatever happens to be in front of me. Invariably, it stops ringing before I find it and I have to put all that crap back in my purse without knowing who called.

6. Answer my cell phone.

Well, I would if I could find it! (See #5 above). So, fail, but with good intentions.

7. Get more followers of my blog.

Undetermined. But it does lead us back to the "Follow" widget. If you haven't clicked it yet, please do it and help a girl's self-esteem. AND help her fulfill a New Year's resolution!

8. Prove that we are NOT the trash of the neighborhood by getting all the Christmas decorations down by Easter.

I'll have to get back to you on Easter on that one.

So, if we review, it appears that I'm basically a failure with the New Year's resolutions, and that really hurts the self-esteem. WHICH LEADS US BACK TO THE WIDGET!!!! Oh, I love how this is ending up!

And how are you doing with your resolutions? Am I the only one clearly failing?

13 comments:

  1. All my Christmas decorations are inside and we refuse to ever have any company over so even if I leave them up until April, the neighborhood will never know....

    I'm already a follower so I rock.....um, no real concrete resolutions although I have vague inclinations in my head but I'm afraid if I say them aloud or even type them that I will immediately give up any efforts whatsoever to accomplish them. So far I'm modestly passing but only by trickery.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought I was already a follower, but now I either am or I am twice the follower you had before now. Either way is fine with me. I'll try and make my husband your follower too. And maybe my next door neighbor if she's home. Oh hell, forget that. I don't even like her and you wouldn't either so what's the point?

    Resolutions? Eh! I started off clearing out closets and stuff, but it was hard and I got tired so I quit and took a nap. That was the end of my new year project.

    ReplyDelete
  3. EEEK! I am hopeless! DID get my Christmas decorations down in time though - only JUST! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hahahahaha! I totally failed at the cell phone one and am doing okay on exercise (cross fingers)... But I did follow you!!! So yay for helping a sista out! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gotta say, I suck almost as bad as you about keeping my new year's resolutions.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I know exactly what you're talking about when hunting madly for your cell phone! That happens to me every time!

    I'm following you already. Woot!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I, for one, would love it if you succeeded on #6.

    ReplyDelete
  8. normally i don't do what people tell me to, but just this once i will. i am following you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Don't feel badly. Im failing miserably too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. My decorations and tree are 1/2 down. I don't do resolutions. I clicked your following widget.

    Also, my mother is losing her mind. I suspect that will be blog fodder going forward (I read a post of yours below this... Alzheimer's. Good stuff.)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm following. I made no resolutions because I have other plans.

    ReplyDelete
  12. You're in luck - Easter isn't until April 24 this year.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm totally doing number four as well, so far it's saved me loads of pajamas and denim. And we'll kick start with turbo whatever and be babes by June.

    ReplyDelete