Thursday, December 30, 2010

A Promise To 2010

Dear 2010,

Just so you know, I have a sock full of quarters with your name on it.

Certainly, you spoke with 2009 before you assumed your position, so you knew about my raggedy uterus, dust-covered ovaries, and severe depression due to the corresponding infertility. Yet, you decided to jack around with me anyway.

Really? Was it really necessary for you to send so much major suckage my way?

You screwed with me the whole first quarter of the year but, seriously, what was the deal with March? In case you're not familiar with the old adage, March is supposed to go out like a lamb. I certainly don't remember any lambs in my March, do you? Yeah, that's what I thought.

And the first half of August? You went well above and beyond the call of duty there. As long as I live, 2010, I'll never forgive you for the first half of August. Did you think all that drama was funny, you whackjob?

Then there's December. You couldn't just let it go, could you? You had to squeeze in that little divorce of mine before you and I parted ways. Very nice. Very, very nice.

I don't know what your problem is. I don't know if you just have a sick sense or humor or if you're a sadist. For all I know, you might be a straight up sociopath.

But I do know one thing, 2010: You better run your psychotic butt off if you ever see me in a dark alley.

13 comments:

  1. Seriously? What the eff 2010? At least it used up all the suck before 2011 rolls around.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hear ya! I dug a hole out back, whacked 2009 in the head and shoved it in the hole, then danced on it's grave. Not that I'm bitter - any more.

    Here's to hoping 2011 will be much better for all!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish you all the happiness in 2011. I know that you want to have a clear road in front of you. Continue to be the most wonderful woman in the world. Danny

    ReplyDelete
  4. Here's to a MUCH better 2011! sheesh.
    It's gotta get better. I'm under the impression that 2010 is going to tell 2011 not to mess with the likes of you.

    Peace to you,
    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  5. Man, it sounds like you had a tough year. 2011 will be better. It HAS to. At least, that's what I tell myself.

    Also, I heard it's the Year of the Monkey or something. And monkeys are cool, right?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really hope that 2011 brings you a much better year. You need to get some "happy" on!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Here's hoping 2011 is off to a much better start and year full of joy for you!
    BTW, thanks for dropping by and commenting on my post. Come by and visit any time!

    ReplyDelete
  8. daaaaaaaang! what a shitty year! fingers crossed that this one is waaaaaaaaay better for you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! Looks like you have a lot of bad quarters in that sock!

    I wish you happiness and peace for 2011.

    ReplyDelete
  10. here's hoping 2011 does NOT suck for you! Thanks for dropping by my blog. Nice to *meet* you.

    ReplyDelete
  11. 2010 was not my favorite. Here's to a better 2011 for everyone involved.

    Thanks for stopping by my place. I've put yours in my google reader.

    ReplyDelete
  12. LOL! I'll be joining you in that attack! Glad to see the back of 2010 as well! All the best for the New Year!

    ReplyDelete