Wednesday, December 29, 2010

May I Be Serious for Just One Post, Please?

A few posts ago, I wrote about my husband's affair. (Okay, I tried to do a link, but it didn't work out so well, so you can read it under the title, "It's Grim, And It's a Fairy Tale".)

I am aware that some people feel that something so personal should not be on a blog. I do understand that reasoning, but I wrote about the affair for a couple of reasons: 1) very few things are private in my life and I tend to share everything; and, 2) writing is my therapy.

I wrote for two very selfish reasons, but something unexpected happened: My inbox was flooded with women commenting on my post. Most said that it had happened to them. Some said that they were too embarrassed to talk about it, and some said that they wished more people talked about it, especially with a humorous touch. All (with one exception) thanked me for writing about the affair.

So, I intend to continue writing about the affair. If it offends you, please don't read that post. (But please come back for others not related to the affair!)

I promise this blog won't turn into a soap opera, but some parts of it will be soap opera-ish, not only because of how it helps me, but also because of how it seems to help others.

Now, onto another topic...if someone could tell me how to make a link in HTML, I would be most appreciative. I know how to copy and past, but I'm talking about a link where you write something like, "You can read about it here," and then you click on the word "here" and there's what you want them to read! I know I used to do it, but taking a year off from writing makes the mind feeble!

You can read my post about the affair here.

Post Edit: Suburban Correspondent taught me to make a link, so now I'm going to get fancy and link to her blog here.

6 comments:

  1. When you are typing your post in the text-editing box, there is a row of symbols along the top. Highlight the phrase you want to link, click on the word LINK near the middle of the row of symbols, and then paste the url you want to link to into the box which appears. That's it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OOOOOh, I can't wait to try it! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw, that was sweet of you to link to me! I remember 3 years ago begging another blogger to explain to me how she did those links, so I'm always glad to pass on the info.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wowzers! Just read the post and all the comments. Bottom line - it's your blog and if this is how you process and move on so be it. Don't let people push you back and keep you away from something. I've aired a lot of my own laundry and don't feel bad about it at all. Unless my parents find out about it then I'm toast. :)
    Love your sense of humor! Keep blogging.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Personally, I prefer to read blogs that are real, and honest, and raw.

    So, good for you for writing about your affair publicly - here on the wide world web. Not only is it good therapy for you, other people will benefit by sharing with you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. When your life turns into a soap opera, sometimes the only sane response is using the blog for therapy. Off to peruse more.

    ReplyDelete