Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Kool and The Gang

Have you ever had a 10 year-old threaten to beat your ass?

Have you ever had a 10 year-old threaten to beat your ass in front of his parents???

It happened to my husband today and I was lucky enough to be present for it. Honestly, it was one of the funniest things I've ever seen in my life! Despite the utter sadness of the whole situation, it was absolutely hilarious to watch!

When my husband politely asked to see the Defendant on the legal papers he was serving, "Big Kool" (according to his license plate), "Lil Kool" (according to his license plate) and Juvenile Delinquent Kool (no license plate yet, although I'm sure he will be making them someday soon) walked right up to our car and treated us to a most creative display of obscene gestures and profanity.

Then the 10 year-old future inmate puffed out his chest, spread out his arms and yelled to my husband, "Don't make me beat your ass!"

And Big Kool just stood there and let him say it, over and over again!

I know it's rude to laugh at people right in front of them, but how could we do anything else? The kid literally came up to my husband's chest and he really thought he was scary!

I almost felt bad for not being afraid of the kid. He tried so hard to be menacing and we completely destroyed his self-image. Maybe we should have cowered a tiny bit. Or maybe we just shouldn't have laughed quite so loudly. Or so much.

That was one show that was definitely--definitely--worth the price of admission!

What is wrong with some parents???

7 comments:

  1. Kids are a product of their environment and it seems that this boy has clowns for parents.

    He'll start out in Juvie and then graduate up to Sing Sing with us footing the bill. Nice life, kid.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow.

    I feel so sorry for that child. Not because you laughed at him, but because he thinks that's an appropriate way to communicate.

    Tragic, really.
    (and also kinda funny)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I did laugh as I read your post! How funny that a little child thought he was so MENACING!
    Unbelievable!

    But it also made me wonder what his life at home must be like. He must see threatening behaviour and agression so often... what a horrible upbringing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. BLARRRGH!!1! Your blog eated my comment!!1!

    I'm gonna get my 10-year-old son to BEAT YOUR HUSBAND's @$$ for this!1!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh lord thats terrible! I am amazed at the way people are raising their kids today. Amazed and disturbed and yet I'd have probably laughed my butt off if I'd seen that.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Can I *please* come to the next meeting? You need to bring your own peeps.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I bet $100 that the 10 year old would have won.

    ReplyDelete