Friday, December 26, 2008

Holiday Cheer

This conversation occurred during a recent visit to my doctor:

Nurse (promptly upon her first glance at me): "Melissa, I can tell you're really happy!"

Me (intrigued by her apparent psychic ability): "Really? How?"

Nurse: "Oh, everyone always gains a lot of weight when they're really happy!"

Me: "How are your children going to feel when their holiday is ruined because a really happy patient pulled a two-pound bag of strawberry Twizzlers from her purse and bludgeoned their mother with it?"

(Okay, I didn't actually say that last part, but I soooo wanted to!)

3 comments:

  1. From your #1 Fan Melissa, I cannot believe that nurse said that to you. How DARE her?? She wished she looked as cute as you do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WAIT!I believe Nurse Scratchette meant...weight gained in all the right places!Did you notice her salivating?Hmm?

    Tyrannus

    ReplyDelete